The Diamond Liquid timer has coloured oil drops which fall through the narrow aperture to the bottom half of the diamond inspired timer container. Due to the shape, they fall on top of each other, creating an interesting visual effect of individual oil drips sitting on top of each other with a bubble type effect. The oil bubbles sitting on top of each other is a different effect to most of the liquid motion timers. The diamond liquid motion timer is mesmerising to watch. Once it has completed, simply turn it over and watch it all over again.
Available in red or blue, the diamond timer can be used in a number of therapeutic setting suitable for special needs.
It can be used:
* As a simple timing device during activities such as brushing teeth. A fun way to distract from the actual activity and set a time limit on completing that activity.
* As a reward for completing an activity
* To calm during periods of sensory overload
* As a distraction during episodes of sensory overload
* To reduce anxiety during stressful periods – the rhythmical drops can have a soothing effect
* For visual tracking – watching the droplets descend through the centre of the tube.
* To demonstrate the scientific principles regarding viscosity and liquid densities
Each timer is made from a hard plastic tube and whilst it could withstand some knocks it will not stand up to being thrown or dropped on hard surfaces, so care should be taken when using this item.
Each timer comes in an attractive window faced box.