or make 4 interest-free payments of $3.74 AUD fortnightly with More info
About this product
The Sensory Sensations Glitter tube is filled with glittery material suspended in an oil liquid. The glitter does take quite some time to settle - up to five minutes depending on the ambient temperature. The warmer it is, the faster the glitter will move and settle.. The liquid motion is mesmerising to watch as it swirls and floats around the tube. The glitter inside the tube picks up the light and sparkles as it moves. The Glitter tube can be activated by turning the tube upside down or by slight shaking. The Glitter tube is 15cm tall and has a diameter of 5cm.
Available in purple or blue, the Glitter Tube timer can be used in a number of therapeutic setting suitable for special needs.
The Glitter Tube can be used:
* As a simple timing device during activities such as brushing teeth. A fun way to distract from the actual activity and set a time limit on completing that activity.
* As a reward for completing an activity
* To calm during periods of sensory overload
* As a distraction during episodes of sensory overload
* To reduce anxiety during stressful periods - the rhythmical drops can have a soothing effect
* For visual tracking - watching the glitter float to the bottom of the tube.
* To demonstrate the scientific principles regarding viscosity and liquid densities
Each timer is made from a hard plastic tube and whilst it could withstand some knocks it will not stand up to being thrown or dropped on hard surfaces, so care should be taken when using this item. This product has been tested and passed safety standards, but should it be broken it is recommended that care be taken not to ingest contents and to ensure glitter is not rubbed into eyes or swallowed.
Each timer comes in an attractive window faced box.
As a local Australian supplier, this product can usually be despatched within 24 hours on weekdays.