The Sensory Sensations Liquid Timer-Aquarium contains a multitude of little coloured fishies that bubble and move around in the liquid until eventually settling down on the bottom. To recommence movement, simply turn over or give a small shake.
The Sensory Sensations Aquarium Liquid Oil Motion Timer has several beneficial therapeutic functions:
As a simple timing device during activities such as brushing teeth. A fun way to distract from the actual activity and set a time limit on completing that activity.
* As a reward for completing an activity
* To calm during periods of sensory overload
* As a distraction during episodes of sensory overload
* To reduce anxiety during stressful periods – the rhythmical drops can have a soothing effect
* For visual tracking – watching the movement of the oil droplets as they flow down the ramps – are they running at the same pace? Which colour will finish first?.
* To demonstrate the scientific principles regarding viscosity and liquid densities
Each timer is made from a hard plastic tube and whilst it could withstand some knocks it will not stand up to being thrown or dropped on hard surfaces, so care should be taken when using this item. This product has been tested and passed safety standards, but should it be broken it is recommended that care be taken not to ingest contents. It is also recommended that any exposed skin be immediately rinsed with water in the unlikely event of any skin sensitivity to the contents.
Each timer comes in an attractive window faced box.
As a local Australian supplier, this product can usually be dispatched within 24 hours on weekdays.
Check out our full range of liquid motion oil timers and find one that best meets your needs! There are many different colours, styles and sizes available, including bundles of multiple timers at a discounted price!
Keep out of reach of children under three years old. Please note, colours vary and random colours will be sent. Warning: These products are made from acrylic plastic. They will not withstand being thrown or dropped onto hard surfaces. They contain mineral oils which may smell strongly if the product breaks. The contents are not toxic and are approved to Australian safety standards, however please under supervision to ensure safe use of the product