About this product
The Time Timer MOD® is a 60-minute visual timer that has the style and durability of the Time Timer PLUS® in a size that's portable and easy to use anywhere—from your office desk to the kitchen counter.
The MOD features a removable, silicone cover that offers an extra layer of protection from the bumps and falls that are part of everyday life.
- An on/off switch for the audible alert, for any time you need to hear the beep or prefer silence
- A glare-free lens protects the red disk
- Removable covers allow you to change the color of your MOD
- Size: 3.5" x 3.5" (including the cover) - approx 9cm by 9cm.
- One AA battery required for operation (not included)
The Time Timer provides the ability to judge how much time is left without having to know how to tell time. The products operate with high colour resolution, large dial numbers, and ultra-quiet quartz movement. These additional features make the Time Timer product line perfect for special needs applications such as students with ADD, ADHD, autism, etc.; counseling situations; occupational and physical therapy sessions; stroke and brain injury rehabilitation; and geriatric care.
Trainers and special education teachers have proven that Time Timer products work in both individual and group situations. With the Time Timer, users understand the passage of time and can monitor their own activities, improving their self-esteem. Better time awareness also relieves the stress and anxiety of disorientation. Special needs uses include:
- Timing counselling sessions and exercises
- Self-monitoring of activities
- Overseeing speech, hearing and vision therapies
- Memory prompting for medications, appointments, etc.
- Providing a defined time frame for finishing tasks
Users can use the visual depiction or add sound with the clear "beep-beep" sound to signal the end of a time segment. The Time Timer operates on one "AA" battery (not included). The time disc may be moved manually in either direction and can be set at any point on the face. Ideal for home, classroom, and therapy.
These Time Timers are an essential resource for every classroom to assist with anxiety levels, help with transitioning and for students to develop awareness about the passing of time.